[jcifs] free disk space on a CIFS share

Anish Acharya anish.acharya at casero.com
Thu Jul 18 01:56:13 EST 2002

Hello everyone.  I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a way to find out
the amount of free disk space on a SAMBA share using
the Jcifs API?  I can't seem to find an appropriate method in the
documentation.  I'm also unable to find out if this operation is
supported by the cifs protocol.  I noticed that you can find out disk
information by mounting a cifs share in windows, but I'm
not sure if the information is provided via cifs or some other
windows-based protocol.

Any insight would be helpful!

Thank you kindly,

Anish Acharya
Software Developer
Casero Inc.

-----

The information contained in this message is proprietary of Casero Inc.,
protected from disclosure, and may be privileged. The information is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the
message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.