[jcifs] DoJ Settlement deadline.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Jan 24 05:56:50 EST 2002

I've added a short blurb to the jCIFS home page regarding the DoJ
settlement in the Microsoft Anti-Trust case.

>From my own reading of the settlement document, I would say that it is
more of a bill of rights for Microsoft than any form of punishment.  It
seems that they are being granted the right to hide information from the
Open Source Community in particular.  I recommend, though, that anyone
interested read the document and commentary and come to your own
conclusions.

Some links:

  DoJ Settlement web site:
    http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/ms-settle.htm

  A guide, provided by a Linux-oriented magazine, on how to write to the
  DoJ about the settlement:
    http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/opinions/3952/1/

  Cringely; read what he has to say about Samba in light of the
  settlement:

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org