[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.org
Wed Feb 20 16:34:03 EST 2002

"Allen, Michael B (RSCH)" wrote:

> [...]

This is very far down a whole big tangential sort of direction thingy,
but...

I thought that the method being called was getAllByAddress(), not
getAllByName() (or does the former call the latter?).

In any case, the error message is somewhat confusing since the suffix
byte is not significant when doing a NODE STATUS REQUEST using the
wildcard name.  It is "okay" that no name with type 0x00 was found.  The
other node might have an 0x20 and an 0x03 name or other names.

I think this is why I got spun off on the whole "WindowsXP doesn't
register the 0x00 name" tangent.  From the error message, I thought that the
code was actually, really, truly looking for an 0x00 name.

Easily confused.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org