[jcifs] no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Wed Feb 20 15:38:16 EST 2002

	Ashish's program called:

	  getAllByName( "10.0.100.114" )

	which calls:

	  getAllByName( "10.0.100.114", 0x00, null );

	so when it cannot find any names matching this description the client retorts:

	  UnknownHostException: no name with type 0x00 with no scope for host 10.0.100.114

	The only error message that could have been more informative would have to be:

	  UnknownHostException: Dear Ashish, you forgot to set the jcifs.smb.client.laddr
	property to the ip address of your PPP interface. Please set that property and try again.
	Thank you and have a nice day.

	But there's know way I could tell in advance that the user name was "Ashish".

	:~)