[jcifs] Problem with method SmbFile.exists() in jcifs-0.6b3

Michael B.Allen mballen at erols.com
Sat Dec 15 07:20:56 EST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:44:46 +0200
"Tsvetan Nachev" <ts_nachev at prosyst.bg> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have encountered a problem using method public boolean exists defined in the SmbFile class. First time i call it this method returns false, the second time i invoke exists method it returns a proper value. Sometimes it returns a wrong value in any case. I've checked the file - it is created with the constructor SmbFile( "smb://", <full_filepath> ) with correctly defined domain name, username and password, and path to this network resource. Despite the described situation when I call method exists() on this resource it returns false. I am sure that this resource exists on the remote host and I have rights to read it.
> Do you have any ideas why it happens this way?

No but I'll look at it. There have been similar reports regarding
canRead() (which calls exists()). I'll be doing testing and bug hunting
for the next couple of days after which I'll post a beta 4. I'm sure
I can squash it as long as I can reproduce it. If someone can come up
with a trivial example program that illustrates the problem that would
help immensely.

Mike

--
May The Source be with you.