[jcifs] Re: Problem with method SmbFile.exists() in jcifs-0.6b3

Tsvetan Nachev ts_nachev at prosyst.bg
Sat Dec 15 02:31:01 EST 2001

Hello all,

For my suprise this problem does not exist when using the older version 0.5.1.
I test it under the same conditions and it worked just fine.
So now i am sure that there is a problem with this method in 0.6b3.
Hope there will be some solution of this problem soon.

And a suggestion:
Support of File Filtering will be a perfect feature of this client. Now i have to make my own filtering in order to get only the folders of a certain network resource.

And last for this post I would like to say to Rob Wygand that java.io.File also treats 'pagefile.sys' in its own way. Its length cannot be returned properly. Calling isFile() and isDirectory() on it both return false.

Best Regards,
Tsvetan Nachev
Prosyst Bulgaria Ltd., mBuilder PGUI, programmer