[jcifs] Problem with method SmbFile.exists() in jcifs-0.6b3

Tsvetan Nachev ts_nachev at prosyst.bg
Fri Dec 14 23:44:46 EST 2001

Hello all,

I have encountered a problem using method public boolean exists defined in the SmbFile class. First time i call it this method returns false, the second time i invoke exists method it returns a proper value. Sometimes it returns a wrong value in any case. I've checked the file - it is created with the constructor SmbFile( "smb://", <full_filepath> ) with correctly defined domain name, username and password, and path to this network resource. Despite the described situation when I call method exists() on this resource it returns false. I am sure that this resource exists on the remote host and I have rights to read it.
Do you have any ideas why it happens this way?
I am looking forward for your reply. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Tsvetan Nachev
Prosyst Ltd., mBuilder PGUI, programmer