[distcc] Slower binary when using distcc?

Christer Solskogen christer.solskogen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 18:45:13 UTC 2019

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 8:38 PM Shawn Landden <slandden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 1:10 PM Christer Solskogen via distcc
> <distcc at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > If I compile Amiberry on the pi itself the benchmark scene is done in 4m
> > 34s, if using distcc I get 5m 29sec. Almost a minute slower.
> >
> > The only difference is distcc. I have the same CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS on both.
> > Am I doing anything wrong?
>
> Are you absolutely sure that the version of gcc is the same on both
> machines?

100% sure.

That is really the ONLY (and likely) reason I can see for this.

I agree, and that's the reason why I was writing the email in the first
place because it does not make any sense to me.
I can also confirm that the x86_64 machine does the compiling as well (it
shows in distccd.log) - Could the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS have anything to do with
it?
 -march=armv8-a+crc+simd -mcpu=cortex-a53 -mfpu=neon-fp-armv8 -Ofast
-frename-registers -falign-functions=16 is used.