[distcc] Multiple people running distcc at once, using one DISTCC_DIR

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Tue Sep 21 17:05:15 GMT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:49:29 -0700, Jake McGuire wrote
> Also, if you aren't randomizing the host list, you really want to do
> so, and (IMHO) it's worth increasing the number of allowable jobs on
> the remote machines so that you'll be unlikely to have lock
> contention, as with 70 engineers and a networked lock directory
> that'll get ugly, fast.

As I understand it, once the host list is randomized, having a single,
networked lock directory is pointless, isn't it? Just put a job limit on each
daemon, in case the random is not random enough, and it should work fine.

I think I remember that host list randomization is a new feature though,
probably not present in 2.16, which the original poster is using.

--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/