[distcc] Multiple people running distcc at once, using one DISTCC_DIR

Victor Norman vtnpgh at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 16:14:57 GMT 2004

Jean, Jake, et al.,

I am doing host randomization -- according to the outline I put in my "My Big
Plans for Distcc" posting a few weeks ago.  So, we have good randomization
happening.  But, we also have a very heterogenous collection of compilation
servers -- from very fast, to, shall we say, not so fast.  So, I want
compilations to use the fast machines -- when they are not busy already.

I've also extended distcc so that it takes as input another file that has the
build machines' load averages in it.  This load averages file is updated by
some python daemons that I've written.  It all works pretty well.

But, I still have this problem of the lock files...

Vic