[distcc] wrong address resolving ?

Vitaly Kroivets vitaly at siliconds.com
Tue Jul 6 14:36:53 GMT 2004

Yes, it is very strange problem; It disappeared and I can not reproduce it
anymore.

Anyway -- here is my data:
I use Redhat 7.2 (both servers and clients)
Kernel: Linux 2.4.18-27.7.x #1 Fri Mar 14 06:44:53 EST 2003 i686 unknown
I checked carefully hosts table, NIS and DNS; everything is Ok there ...
Thanks,
	Vitaly

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 mbp at sourcefrog.net wrote:

> On  6 Jul 2004, Vitaly Kroivets <vitaly at siliconds.com> wrote:
> >

> > hi,
> >  I have following problem with distcc 2.14 :
> >  The list of hosts , specivfied with env variable includes between others,
> > computer named "jump" . Its address is 192.114.176.61 .
> > I jet following message sometimes:
> >
> > C++ COMPILATION OF max_flow_features.cc ( -Wall -g )
> > distcc[8330] (dcc_connect_timed) ERROR: Connection to 192.114.176.62:3632
> > failed: No route to host
> > distcc[8330] (dcc_build_somewhere) Warning: failed to distribute to jump,
> > running locally instead
> >
> > I.e. for some reason, it tries  192.114.176.62 instead of 192.114.176.61 .
> > But I do not have computer with IP 192.114.176.62 here!
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems unlikely this is caused by a distcc bug, but maybe it is.  I
> think you probably have a configuration problem on your machine.  What
> OS and kernel are you using?
>
> --
> Martin

Vitaly Kroivets
Email: vitaly at SiliconDS.com
//       vitaly at alum.cs.huji.ac.il
//       ytrewq75 at mail.ru
//       kroivets at cs.huji.ac.il
//       vk270575 at netscape.net
Phones:
        Office:   972-2-541.8421
	Mobile:   972-67-313.687
ICQ:  135658971
The information in this email, including attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL, and
is provided only to each addressee.  If you are not such an addressee, or an
agent or employee responsible for delivering this email to such addressee:
you have received this email in error; please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this email; delete this email; and any use, dissemination,
distribution, disclosure or copying of this email or information contained
herein, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.