[distcc] write .o files on Tru64 4.0

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Tue Apr 13 23:24:44 GMT 2004

On  1 Apr 2004, Gregoire Banderet <gregoire.banderet at nagra.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've compiled the latest version of distcc on Tru64.
> When I use it, all distccd compile my cpp files (I see that they spend
> time) , but they fail to send the result to my localhost.

What compiler are you using?

> distccd[15531] forking to execute: cxx -O4 -ptr
> ./RELEASE-ORA8-SEP1.8.0-D4.0G/cxx_repository -c -o /tmp/distccd_573929dd.o
> /tmp/distccd_54ea29dd.ii

Can you run it again and have a look on the server to see what was
written to the compiler output file.  (In this case,
/tmp/distccd_54ea29dd.o.)  Does it exist?  Is it empty?

What happens when you run this by hand?  Does -c -o work with your
compiler?

> Can someone help me?
> Does someone has binaries for Tru64 4.0 ?

You can get binaries from thewrittenword.com, but I think your problem
here is with the compiler, not with building distcc.