[distcc] Bootable distcc node

Lisa Seelye lisa at gentoo.org
Tue Mar 16 17:54:15 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 12:00, daPlumber wrote:
> The advantage is that if one has temporary access to a bunch of desktops,
> which are usually running Windows, a boot-able cd would be ideal combined
> with the distcc "search" script (PERL) :
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~lisa/distcc/distcc-subnetscan/distcc-subnetscan.pl

I would be surprised if that script still worked.  You can take it as a
starting point for expansion, but in reality it was just written to see
if it could be done.  The task of scanning could be done a lot faster
with nmap.  So don't put all your eggs into that script, for it may not
work.

ymmv.

--
Regards,