[distcc] Bootable distcc node

daPlumber daplumber at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 17:00:03 GMT 2004

The advantage is that if one has temporary access to a bunch of desktops,
which are usually running Windows, a boot-able cd would be ideal combined
with the distcc "search" script (PERL) :
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lisa/distcc/distcc-subnetscan/distcc-subnetscan.pl

The idea is that when I need to recompile, say, KDE, I can use the resources
available to me without forcing them to run Linux, which is unlikely. The
systems can then be returned to "normal" use. It also eliminates the issue
of running the same gcc and toolchain versions.

Consider this idea a "cluster to go". :-)

I don't have the expertise with Knoppix or Gentoo livecd or whatever to do
this, can anyone help?

REgards
James Dean