[distcc] Bootable distcc node

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Mar 16 16:03:16 GMT 2004

daPlumber wrote:
> Has anyone done any work on making an e.g. Knoppix bootable cd that makes a
> distcc daemon and gcc available to the local LAN? This would be handy for
> doing kernel/KDE/GNOME builds in an office full of Windows PC's for example.

No, but I'm putting together a hetrogenous cluster of
Windows, Mac OS X, Linux x86, and Linux x86_64 boxes
all running the same distcc'd compiler.  Why force
people to reboot to Linux if you don't have to
to get them into the compile cluster?
I suspect it'd be easy to add Solaris machines to
the build cluster, too.

The trick is getting them all to run the same toolchain.
I'll post the script I use once it's all working.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com