[distcc] distcc and g++

Hamish Rodda meddie at yoyo.its.monash.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 09:18:28 GMT 2003

Hi,

For quite a while I wondered why compiling KDE with distcc meant several
makefiles needed to have -lstdc++ added to the LIBADD part.  Stephan Kulow
made it clear on the KDE development mailing list today: distcc calls "cc",
regardless of whether the program which would otherwise be called was gcc
or g++.  This matters, because 1) linking to libstdc++ is automatic and 2)
apparently there are other effects... (which I often notice and have to
revert to compiling on my work machine):

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=105039710202274&w=2

Could Stephan's patch (attached for your convenience) be included in distcc?

Thanks,
Hamish.