[distcc] Re: masquerade for 1.2.3

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 5 01:44:33 GMT 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:15:25AM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> Wayne, could you write a few paragraphs for the manual about this?

OK, I've improved the linuxdoc/distcc.sgml file in the areas that talked
about setup or using CC in the environment (at least the ones I found in
my search for them).  I also changed the Gentoo Linux section (which I
am very familiar with these days), and I added in the "[/MAX]" syntax to
the sgml file and into the distcc usage message, and I changed the 4200
port number to 3632 in the sgml file.

You can find the result in my revised masquerade patch for 1.2.3:

If you already applied the old patch, the only new bits are the entire
linuxdoc/distcc.sgml file and the very first (usage message) hunk in

Those that are new to the patch should be aware that you'll need to
run "autoconf" and "autoheader" after applying the patch.