[distcc] ccache distcc gcc = no cache hits, not cache misses, just multiple source files

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Tue Jan 28 06:20:58 GMT 2003

I'm not sure if this is a distcc issue, ccache issue or user issue.

If I compile packageA with make CXX='ccache g++', then ccache -s, I get what I
expect lots of cache misses.

I then recompile, ccache -s, and I get what I expect lots of cache hits.

I clear ccache's cache.

Now, if I compile packageA with make CXX='ccache distcc g++', then ccache -s,
I see lots of hits going to  multiple source files.

I recompile, again shows lots of hits going to multiple source files. It's
like ccache isn't called.

Can someone explain?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700