[distcc] Benchmark doc?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Jan 27 22:56:00 GMT 2003

On 27 Jan 2003, Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:
> Can you point me to where I can read more about the benchmark capabilities in
> distcc?
>
> The 1.1 release talks about it, but I can't seem to find any more info on it.

It's not really documented yet, aside from the source.

Basically:

  cd bench
  python benchmark.py --help

For example

  python -c local,2 -c dist,4 -n 3 benchmark.py make-3.80

It works well for me, but it depends on you having the dependencies
necessary to build the trees.  This might be a bit problematic for
building some of the trees on anything but a recent Debian Sid box.