[cifs-protocol] [REG:110100185715287] [MS-RPRN] Printer driver issue

Bryan Burgin bburgin at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 1 17:56:21 MDT 2010

Günther,

I created SR 110100185715287 to continue our research into this issue.  I or someone on my team will follow up with you.

Bryan

MS-RPRN Setting a driver for a printer

When we successfully upload a printer driver from a Win7 64bit client to a samba server and then open the printer in order to select a driver for a printer, the entire process fails with ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER and sometimes with access denied errors. While looking at the generated network traffic, we can not find any explanation for this error.

Question: Is there a way to debug what is failing ? (we suspect the userland unmarshalling of the _PRINTER_INFO_2 is incorrect but did not find a way to prove that)

Thanks,
Guenther

--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org