[cifs-protocol] [REG:110100100943069] appcrash during win764bit domain logon

Bryan Burgin bburgin at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 1 18:29:20 MDT 2010

Günther,

I created SR 110100100943069 to track this issue (described below).  I or someone from my team will follow-up with you

Bryan

this is the crash info which I can reproduce at will:

* create a samba3 domain controller
* have this smb.conf setting: "logon home = \\%N\%U" (which will cause every user to have '\\sambadc\username' as their homedirectory (not profiledirectory) in the samlogon reply
* if that share does not yet exist on the sambadc and samba returns NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME for the share connect, then during logon for the first time on a win764bit box (haven't tested others yet), then I see that crash happening

Once I pre-create that share and login, it all succeeds and there is no crash.

Thanks,
Guenther
--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org