[cifs-protocol] RE: Status: SRX080803600053: [MS-NLMP] raw NTLMSSP tokens in GSS-API/SPNEGO

Bill Wesse billwe at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 19 15:19:02 GMT 2008

Good morning! I indeed should have noted the change was made to [MS-SPNG] instead of [MS-NLMP] (thanks for catching that).

I have just submitted your comments (shown immediately below) as a change request against [MS-SPNG].

...the phrase "that are not embedded in [RFC4178] SPNEGO messages" should be changed to "that are not embedded in [RFC2743] GSS-API InitialContextTokens"...

I have also submitted another change request to add a reference from "[MS-SMB] section 3.2.4.2.3" to "[MS-SPNG] Section 3.2.5.2 Universal Receiver" to the 'Extended Security' subtopic. This was actually in the original change request (which was against [MS-SMB], but the [MS-SPNG] text was the only resulting change). Sorry we missed the original target.

Regards,
Bill Wesse
MCSE / Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
8055 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
TEL:  +1(980) 776-8200
CELL: +1(704) 661-5438