[cifs-protocol] RE: Other types of Kerberos messages on SamLogon Generic

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 8 00:01:02 GMT 2008

Andrew,

   I went through the logic of the generic pass through function in Kerberos package for both Windows server 2003 and 2008.  I found that it only processes KerbVerifyPacMessage (0x03).  For any other message types, STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED should be returned.

   Could you give me more information about your testing ?  Which version of Windows server did you use ?   Did you just use a KERB_VERIFY_PAC_REQUEST structure as LogonInformation passed to NetrLogonSamLogon() and set MessageType from 0x00 to 0xFF ?   If you can send us a network trace to show that NT_STATUS_OK is returned for any message type other than 0x03, it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Hongwei  Sun - Sr. Support Escalation Engineer
DSC Protocol  Team, Microsoft
hongweis at microsoft.com
Tel:  469-7757027 x 57027