[cifs-protocol] Correction, assistance request: MS-DRSR Partial Attribute Set

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Jul 2 11:24:05 GMT 2008

Hi,

I was testing the behavior of the pPartialAttrSet and pPartialAttrSetEx
members of DRS_MSG_GETCHGREQ_V8.

Please document what the difference between two is!

Is it necessary to pass the PrefixTableDest, when passing
pPartialAttrSet and/or pPartialAttrSet? What happens when the
PrefixTableDest is missing?

Testing shows that the pPartialAttrSet is ignored if
DRS_WRIT_REP is set in ulFlags.

Is it somehow possible to replicate just the "unicodePwd" attribute?
If I skip the DRS_WRIT_REP flag I'm getting only empty attribute values.
If I add the DRS_WRIT_REP I'm getting all attributes.

Stefan Metzmacher - Samba Team