[Samba] kcc_periodic output

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 22:11:26 UTC 2024

I've been grappling with a recurring set of errors for quite some time now:
- UpdateRefs failed with NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
- Failed samba_kcc - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
- IRPC callback failed for DsReplicaSync - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

Despite cranking up the log level to 10, the returned information remains
frustratingly cryptic and hard to decipher.

This error, being overly generic, continues to elude identification even
with
the heightened log verbosity. The challenge lies in tracing its origin.

Running samba-tool dbcheck doesn't reveal any problems, yet executing the
command while monitoring the Samba log with "tail -f" exposes errors
identical
to those described above.

Interestingly, samba-tool drs showrepl doesn't report any errors.

So, what additional steps can be taken to unearth the root cause
of these persistent NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT errors?

--
Elias Pereira