[Samba] kcc_periodic output

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 10 20:55:29 UTC 2024

Either the local server is busy, or possibly (but it would not explain
the samba_kcc) Samba's drepl process is stuck talking to a remote
server.
Is the drepl local processes very busy doing inbound replication?
My instinct is either the server is very busy (and this should show up
in CPU use) or a transaction is being held open excessively.
Andrew Bartlett
On Sat, 2024-03-09 at 19:11 -0300, Elias Pereira via samba wrote:
> I've been grappling with a recurring set of errors for quite some
> time now:- UpdateRefs failed with NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT- Failed
> samba_kcc - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT- IRPC callback failed for
> DsReplicaSync - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
> Despite cranking up the log level to 10, the returned information
> remainsfrustratingly cryptic and hard to decipher.
> This error, being overly generic, continues to elude identification
> evenwiththe heightened log verbosity. The challenge lies in tracing
> its origin.
> Running samba-tool dbcheck doesn't reveal any problems, yet executing
> thecommand while monitoring the Samba log with "tail -f" exposes
> errorsidenticalto those described above.
> Interestingly, samba-tool drs showrepl doesn't report any errors.
> So, what additional steps can be taken to unearth the root causeof
> these persistent NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT errors?
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 10:32 PM Elias Pereira <empbilly at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > There is probably nothing wrong with your log, but Firefox doesn't
> > > like it, it thinks it contains a virus.
> >
> > I just saw now that your response ended up in spam, probably
> > because ofthe link with the log. O.o
> > I still receive the error in the
> > logs:source4/dsdb/kcc/kcc_periodic.c:790: Failed samba_kcc
> > -NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
> > The strangest thing is that it occurs when the command is
> > executed:samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix --yes
> > Could it be some object causing this error?
> > On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 4:40 PM Rowland Penny via samba <
> > samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > > There is probably nothing wrong with your log, but Firefox
> > > doesn'tlike it, it thinks it contains a virus.
> > > Rowland
> > >

> > > --To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read
> > > theinstructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
> > >

> > --Elias Pereira
>
> -- Elias Pereira
Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions