[Samba] bsd printing and samba 4.17

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Wed Feb 7 15:51:51 UTC 2024

> [...]
> Just a thought, I do not print anything anymore, not since the ink
> dried up in my printer from lack of use and I do not bsd at all.
> [...]
> In the meantime, if you can use other methods to print, then I would do
> so.

I use bsd printing to produce different types of pdf printing, all
virtual printing no ink is used ;) For example I have virtual printers
that send the pdf via mail or save it on the authenticated users home
(like cups-pdf) or add an headed printer to the pdf document printed or
read the document printed and if are recognized some patterns the
document is classified and moved to a network shared folder or whatever
you want...

Any way do you suggest to migrate my scripts? Do you know a tool that
can permit to manage in a such way virtual pdf printing?

Piviul