[Samba] bsd printing and samba 4.17

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Wed Feb 7 20:24:56 UTC 2024

Il giorno mer, 07/02/2024 alle 16.51 +0100, Piviul via samba ha
scritto:
> Any way do you suggest to migrate my scripts? Do you know a tool that
> can permit to manage in a such way virtual pdf printing?
>
> Piviul
Hi, Piviul

I have write a cups backend in bash script, I called it "cups2pdf" and
it can manage and generate/move/convert/merge/ecc... printouts made
from windows or other operating systems in PDF file.

https://www.cups.org/doc/api-filter.html

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Backends_to_Print_with_CUPS

It has been working for several years. You can add, point to it and
share via samba one or more printer to do different jobs.

If you're interested let me know and we'll go into more detail
privately.

Thanks.

Dario