[Samba] bsd printing and samba 4.17

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 7 15:02:47 UTC 2024

On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 15:17:09 +0100
Piviul via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 2/7/24 12:12, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > To be honest, I am unsure if spoolss is running permanently now, but
> > it sounds like it is and if it is, I do not know if you can turn it
> > off. Perhaps setting 'rpcd_spoolss:num_workers = 0' in global ?
>
> nothing to do, with this option printing doesn't work at all.. :(

Just a thought, I do not print anything anymore, not since the ink
dried up in my printer from lack of use and I do not bsd at all.

> so bsd printing doesn't seems to work anymore. In your opinion it's
> better to migrate to cups-pdf or  try to debug the problem? In order
> to think to migrate to cups-pdf, do you know if the script in
> PostProcessing option in cups-pdf.conf can for example rename the pdf
> output or send it via mail and remove from the cups-pdf folder or
> move it to a network drive or... do what the bsd printing was doing?

It might be an idea to open a bug report about this, I don't think it
will get fixed quickly if it is a bug, but it is never likely to get
fixed without a bug report.
In the meantime, if you can use other methods to print, then I would do
so.

Rowland