[Samba] Updating OpenSSL from 1.x to 3 breaks kinit

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Nov 2 15:51:52 UTC 2023

02.11.2023 18:04, MATYAS, Tibor via samba:
> Dear all,
>
> updating openssl from 1.1.x to 3.x on our gentoo systems (recompiled everything against the new openssl!)
> breaks kinit:

FWIW, most distributions switched to openssl3 quite some time ago.
Eg, current libssl in Debian is of version 3.0.11-1~deb12u1.

You did not provide any other useful info.  Two of the most important
missing pieces: do you build samba with the recommended heimdal kerberos
or mit-krb5?  And what's your DC?

/mjt