[Samba] Updating OpenSSL from 1.x to 3 breaks kinit

MATYAS, Tibor tibor.matyas at dsi-as.de
Thu Nov 2 16:16:58 UTC 2023

Samba is built with the recommended heimdal kerberos.
Samba version: 4.18.8
OpenSSL version: 3.0.11

The AD was created with samba 4.5.x (?) and updated continuously.
I guess I need to update the old rc4 "secrets" somehow....

BR, Tibor

Am 02.11.2023 um 16:51 schrieb Michael Tokarev via samba:
> 02.11.2023 18:04, MATYAS, Tibor via samba:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> updating openssl from 1.1.x to 3.x on our gentoo systems (recompiled
>> everything against the new openssl!)
>> breaks kinit:
>
> FWIW, most distributions switched to openssl3 quite some time ago.
> Eg, current libssl in Debian is of version 3.0.11-1~deb12u1.
>
> You did not provide any other useful info.  Two of the most important
> missing pieces: do you build samba with the recommended heimdal kerberos
> or mit-krb5?  And what's your DC?
>
> /mjt

DSI Aerospace GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 1, D-28199 Bremen, Germany
Web: http://www.dsi-as.de

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr.-Ing. Christian Dierker
                   M. Sc. Elias Hashem

Handelsregister: HRB 17726, Amtsgericht Bremen
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 192 681 774