[Samba] Synology shares not accessible...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 20 19:01:13 UTC 2023

On 20/06/2023 19:48, Ingo Asche via samba wrote:
> There was a Travis Wenks here, who has/had the same problems.
>
> I'm still hoping, he's reading the Samba mail list and tell me if he has
> still the same problems and we maybe can ally for this.

Multiple users having the same problem always help.

> Maybe the maintainers who has answered to the bug report can give some
> advice, too.

Try adding to the bug report.

> The problem for me is that the developers from Synology think it can't
> be their fault. It's a little bit frustrating.

I don't think that it is their fault, but we will never know, I don't
think we will ever see what modifications they have made to the Samba
code. However, you do not seem to get the problem with a later Samba
version and the SID S-1-18-1 (which is only mentioned as an 'aside' to
the bug) appears to have something to do with S4U2Self and I think quite
a bit of work has been done on that.

It may just be that synology needs to use a later version of Samba.

Rowland