[Samba] Re: Samba vs. Windows : significant difference intimestamp handling ?

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Fri Aug 15 15:58:55 GMT 2003

|> mtime being changed is beyond the pale. I suspect
|> ext3 is the problem. I heard some people losing all
|> of their data on ext3-formatted disks. Stay away
|> from it.
|
| Do you have some facts to back up that load of FUD?
| By all accounts I've ever seen, Ext. 3 has been
| stable for *long* time before it was even included
| in the stock Kernel tree.

Do you want to say that nobody ever lost any data on
ext3-formatted disks? Be realistic.

But does it warrant my exhortation to stay away from
it? Probably not. It was a joke without a smiley sign.
ext3 is probably a solid, though a bit clumsy and slow
fs.

I appreciate your criticism. I jumped the same way
when someone else used the same kind of FUD about
reiserfs which I would always recommend over all other.