[Samba] Re: Samba vs. Windows : significant difference in tim estamp handling ?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Fri Aug 15 15:42:52 GMT 2003

You can test this.  Just remount your ext3 partition as ext2 and see if the
problem persists.  The formats are compatible.

I haven't personally heard of any data loss problems with ext3 since it went
into the stable kernels.  It's probably not the best filesystem for file
server use (ReiserFS is much faster) but I don't think people need to be
afraid of it.