[Samba] Fwd: samba & Oracle ACFS Issues

Wed Feb 11 03:55:16 MST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:44:24AM +0100, Nacho del Rey wrote:
> Ok, it is becoming a nightmare ;-)
> Last question Volker
>
> Is it possible the problem comes from a network device?
> At job, we have been suffering problems with a F5 Load Balancer. It seems
> that, randomly, it sets the transmission frame to 0 bytes during a while
> and routing services don't work very well
>
> It is planned that this F5 will be upgraded next week to solve these
> problems
>
> Do you think this behaviour makes a collateral effect on samba connections?

Windows clients heavily depend on a reliable network connection towards
SMB servers they connect to. So flaky network gear between those two can
of course negatively impact drive mappings. But without further analysis
I can't really say what the problem is here, I don't even exactly know
what your users are experiencing :-)

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de