[Samba] Joining Samba RODC, NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Fri Oct 12 01:53:52 MDT 2012

On 10/12/2012 12:05 AM, Oguz Yilmaz wrote:
> RODC is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 7601 Service Pack 1.
> What do you suggest? We keep rodc as read only. How can I join and
> continue to auth and get user list over read only dc?
Your first problem is the join, I think this can only be done with a RWDC.
As for the day to day use I think it's possible to use a RODC but if you
didn't allow the RODC to replicate then every auth request will be
proxied from the RODC to the RWDC.
The list of users will be served by the RODC directly.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team