[Samba] Setting up Samba with broadcast based name resolution (not WINS)++++++++++++++++++++

Peter Olcott peteolcott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:09:17 MST 2010

I am still trying to get my Fedora 11 based Samba 3.4 share to show up on
windows My Red Hat 9.0 Samba share must be using broadcast based name
resolution because the hosts file is empty, and none of the windows clients
has a fixed IP address. Also ping shows that both the sever and the clients
can find each other based on their name.

It looks like broadcast name resolution is the best for my needs. Can anyone
point me me to documentation on how to do this for Fedora 11?