[Samba] set samba to receive broadcast WinPopUp messages

William Meshell meshellwm5 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 21:01:30 MST 2010

Hey,

Happy New Year.

I've searched the web for a while and can't get an answer to a question:

I can send a message (using WinPopUp, net send, or smbclient -NM) to Windows and Linux PC's. But, when I send a message to the whole workgroup "net send /domain Hello" Only the Windows PC's respond to it (with the Windows message service). Samba does not see it.

My question is, how do I get samba to catch the workgroup wide messages?
Also, appart from sending to each user in a list, can Samba be used to send to all users in the workgroup?

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

William

PS:

I have managed to figure a lot of stuff out and recorded it at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~meshellwg/w/www/html/LinSMB.html