[Samba] Access from one box but denied from the other

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Mon Sep 16 15:41:01 GMT 2002

Montag den 16.09.2002 um 17:16 CEST  +0200, schrieb m31:
> I have samba setup and serving properly to one of my Win2K boxes, I
> can access shares and create/delete/move files from one of my Win2K
> hosts but not the others. I went through a bazillion steps debugging
> to get the first Win2k box connecting so its hard to say what it is
> that the other boxes (or the samba server) isn't doing.

Are both w2k boxes on the same ip network?
If not:  Are you running samba as daemon on the unix box, or do you
         setup this as service via inetd?
		 If you run this via inetd: check the /etc/hosts.allow file.

> When trying to connect from one of the other Win2K boxes (through
> explorer) I get the message: "The account is not authorized to login
> from this station"
>
> When I try to login from a dos prompt with `net view \\HOST\SHARE` it
> says: "Access denied"

Do you setup both unix and samba user?

> Can anyone tell what's wrong here?
> My smb.conf:

Dump all samba parameter via "testparm", and check again in conjunction
with "man smb.conf".

--
Frank Matthieß                                          fm at Microdata-pos.de