samba4: machine and user accounts

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 22 04:17:53 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 23:53 -0400, Mike Wilkinson wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > The easy way to do this is to run our 'minschema.js' script against a
> > server with the Exhchange schema, and use that locally (possibly adding
> > some objectclass values that you need).
> >
> This sounds great, but it throws:
>
>     New event context requested. Parent: [struct cli_credentials:0x8b156b8]
>     New event context requested. Parent: [talloc_new:
> scripting/ejs/smbscript.c:47:0x8af3038]

This is harmless.  We need to work to remove new event context creation,
and this is a reminder so we find them all.

>     ldb: Unable to find backend for 'ldap://xxxx'
>
> I'm assuming it's local setup, I've searched for info on smbscript but
> found nothing more than a few irc logs that appear to have gone more
> smoothly. smbscript isn't installed in the target directory, I've added
> .../source/bin to the path. Any clues on what environment I need to set
> to have it find an ldap backend.

This *should* (I am assured) be fixed in current GIT.  Do a new build,
and 'make install'.  If that doesn't work, then clean out your build
tree and do a new build and 'make install'...