samba4: machine and user accounts

Mike Wilkinson mwilkinson at bigbangdigitalstudios.com
Thu May 22 03:53:00 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> The easy way to do this is to run our 'minschema.js' script against a
> server with the Exhchange schema, and use that locally (possibly adding
> some objectclass values that you need).

This sounds great, but it throws:

    New event context requested. Parent: [struct cli_credentials:0x8b156b8]
    New event context requested. Parent: [talloc_new:
scripting/ejs/smbscript.c:47:0x8af3038]
    ldb: Unable to find backend for 'ldap://xxxx'

I'm assuming it's local setup, I've searched for info on smbscript but
found nothing more than a few irc logs that appear to have gone more
smoothly. smbscript isn't installed in the target directory, I've added
.../source/bin to the path. Any clues on what environment I need to set
to have it find an ldap backend.