Samba 4 User Accounts and ZFS

zaphod at fsklaw.com zaphod at fsklaw.com
Thu May 15 20:54:03 GMT 2008

Two quick questions:

When I try to add a Domain User account to a domain joined XP box, Windows
burps out that the trust relationship between the server and
workstation...well ok, earlier XP burped out the trust stuff.

Now I can't browse the directory to add a user, but can add a user by
providing user name and domain.  When i click browse I get:

"The program cannot open the required dialog box because no locations can
be found."

Any clues?

Second:

I've got a zfs partition.  When I offer it as a samba share, I get:

WinXP:  The mapped network drive could not be created because the
following error has occured:  Incorrect function.

smbd.log:
make_connection: NTVFS make connection failed!
[Thu May 15 13:14:13 2008 PDT, 0
smb_server/smb/service.c:104:make_connection_scfg()]
make_connection: NTVFS make connection failed!
[Thu May 15 13:17:11 2008 PDT, 0
smb_server/smb/service.c:104:make_connection_scfg()]
make_connection: NTVFS make connection failed!

I'm guessing zfs is not supported by NTVFS?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,