[Samba4] - Group policy edit/cannot save problem involving paths?

Wes Deviers wdevie at hrcsb.org
Thu May 15 17:42:15 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

I'm experimenting with a samba4 install pulled from rsync on 5/14.  Everything
is working really well except Group Policy.  I dinked around in Users &
Computers until it found the domain controller and I could then create a GPO.
Unfortunately, when I go to save it, it fails saying "Path not Found", or
alternately some other message.

XP addresses it as \\samba4.local\sysvol\Policies\{4...}.  I can follow the
tree via browsing down until the ID level {4184...} at which point it fails
in Explorer as well.

If I use the machine name in the UNC (\\scorpion\sysvol ...) it works
correctly, up to and including editing the adm files by hand.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

Wes