TDB on OpenBSD problem.

Virginia Norling vmn at bom.gov.AU
Wed May 9 05:05:28 GMT 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 08:20:46PM -0700, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> that's strange - I don't suppose your filesystem is full? I can't see
> where else a ENOSPC would be coming from. We never set ENOSPC
> ourselves in tdb.c so it must be coming from the OS. Maybe you are
> using quotas and are over quota?

No quotas on any of the file systems and no the file system was not full.
It seemed like the record it was going to write was too big.
I ran it twice with the same results.

> There is something seriously wrong here, but until I get a login on a
> machine that I can reproduce this on I don't think I have much chance
> of fixing it, the symptoms are just too bizarre.
>
> Hmm, there is one thing you could try. Change NPROC in tdbtorture.c
> from 8 to 1 and see if that runs OK. At least then we'll know if its an
> interaction between processes or something more fundamental.

On the HP-UX 10.20 machine:

NPROC=1

./tdbtorture
traversed 2822 records
traversed 2822 records
traversed 0 records

-rw-------   1 vmn        srss        319488 May  9 14:34 test.tdb

NPROC=2

./tdbtorture
tdb_store failed: Not enough space
traversed 2904 records
traversed 2904 records
traversed 0 records

-rw-------   1 vmn        srss        352256 May  9 14:30 test.tdb

NPROC=3

./tdbtorture
tdb_store failed: Not enough space
tdb_store failed: Permission denied
traversed 2849 records
traversed 2849 records
traversed 0 records

-rw-------   1 vmn        srss        344064 May  9 14:37 test.tdb

On the HP-UX 11.0 machine:

NPROC=1

./tdbtorture
traversed 2813 records
traversed 2813 records
traversed 0 records

-rw-------   1 vmn        srss        311296 May  9 04:39 test.tdb

NPROC=2
./tdbtorture
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
(vmn at balloon:) traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records

-rw-------   1 vmn        srss        524288 May  9 04:44 test.tdb

NPROC=3

./tdbtorture
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
traversed -1 records
(vmn at balloon:) traversed -1 records

(vmn at balloon:) traversed -1 records

-rw-------   1 vmn        srss        688128 May  9 05:03 test.tdb

This last run took more than 10 minutes to complete.

Hope this sheds some light,

Virginia