TDB on OpenBSD problem.

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Wed May 9 03:20:46 GMT 2001

> I ran tdbtorture with the following (just about immediate) result:
>
> (vmn at orville:) ./tdbtorture
> tdb_store failed: Not enough space

that's strange - I don't suppose your filesystem is full? I can't see
where else a ENOSPC would be coming from. We never set ENOSPC
ourselves in tdb.c so it must be coming from the OS. Maybe you are
using quotas and are over quota?

> On my HP-UX 11.0 machine which has been happily running 2.2.0 for more
> than a week I started tdbtorture nearly 24 hours ago and it's still
> going and torturing the machine as well:

24 hours?? It runs in 11.5 seconds on my Linux PC!

There is something seriously wrong here, but until I get a login on a
machine that I can reproduce this on I don't think I have much chance
of fixing it, the symptoms are just too bizarre.

Hmm, there is one thing you could try. Change NPROC in tdbtorture.c
from 8 to 1 and see if that runs OK. At least then we'll know if its an
interaction between processes or something more fundamental.

Cheers, Tridge