Samba 4.20.0rc2 fails to support "--with-includelibs" or build Heimdall Kerberos

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 29 20:41:26 UTC 2024

So glad to have helped, and very appreciative of your work.
Andrew,
On Thu, 2024-02-29 at 08:41 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> It's a *veru good* red herring! It helped show me where the dang
> sharkwas gobbling all the little fishies. Namely the latest
> samba.spec fromthe Fedora published SRPM for samba delete the heimdal
> directory, "toensure the use of gnutls".
> Bad Red Hat! No biscuit!
> It's compiling successfully now. though it still requires tuning
> forslightly different files in the RPM. Thank you for the pointer..
>
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 10:10 PM Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
> wrote:
> > I think this is a red herring.  The files did move, but so did the
> > heimdal_build directory that references them.
> > Andrew,
Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions