The current progress of transparent failover features

Steven French sfrench at samba.org
Tue Sep 19 03:46:29 UTC 2023

Are you interested in this from the Linux client or Linux server
perspective?

The SMB3.1.1 protocol has many features relating to transparent failover
and reconnect.   The Linux kernel client implements many of them (there
are a few features, like Lock Sequence numbers on reconnect that are not
implemented yet, but most failover features are)