Failed to join domain with un-interpolated string ...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 5 20:31:43 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2023-09-05 at 10:37 -0700, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am seeing the following errors when I inject delays into
> certainSAMR functions during domain join:
> "Failed to join domain: failed to join domain 'test.qa' over
> rpc:{Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was not
> completedbefore the time-out period expired."
> However, the '%hs' is not being replaced with an actual message.
> Is this expected?

Yes, this is.  The error strings come from an MS doc, but we don't have
the logic to fill the the format specifiers.
Andrew,

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group