Mount point detection by device id comparison

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Oct 5 10:01:39 UTC 2023

Hi Carson,

sorry for the long delay, but the whole file server team was busy at SDC
in Fremont. And thanks for contributing!

On 9/20/23 18:02, Carson Buttars via samba-technical wrote:
> I've gotten no response on this. Is the right place to talk about it on
> matrix?

Either one will do, most devs are present at both places.

I guess Volker would be better suited to answer you questions but let me
try:

- submitting MRs via gitlab and trying to get attention via this ML is
the definitely the way to go

- afaict for complete handling of
FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT/IO_REPARSE_TAG_MOUNT_POINT there's more
stuff needed, cf MS-FSCC 2.1.2.5 Mount Point Reparse Data Buffer and
<https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/reparse-points>

- Volker is currently working an reparse point support as part of an
effort to implement SMB3 UNIX Extensions, but this should be, afaict,
largely tangential

Hth!
-slow

--