[Release Planning 4.19] Samba 4.19.0rc1

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 13 20:43:23 UTC 2023

On Sat, 2023-08-12 at 17:59 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba-
technical wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 8:29 AM Jule Anger via samba-technical<
> samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Samba 4.19.0rc1 is scheduled for Friday, July 28 2023.
>
> I've taken a shot at bringing this over to Amazon Linux 2023,
> alongwith my RHEL 8 and 9 tools over at
> https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/ . Unfortunately, the bits
> ofmissing dependency get out of hand *really* fast. so I'm going to
> haveto set it aside until and unless Amazon decides to port a *lot*
> moreof the Fedora release they branched from. It's not the first time
> I'verun into the problem. If anyone else wants to take a shot, I'm
> happyto post my notes.

I have greatly appreciated your work here, thanks so much for your
continuing attention to this packaging effort.
Your notes on Amazon Linux 2023 would be very useful.
Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company
Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions